Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday Beer Blogging

Inspired by Lutheran Chik's "Friday Bloom Blogging" and Lee recent post on American beers at verbum ipsum, and following in the great Lutheran tradition, I thought I'd give a go at Friday Beer Blogging.

My choice for this week is Twilight Ale by Deschutes Brewery.



This is a seasonal that I hadn't had before, but generally I find that you can't go wrong with Deschutes. I usually prefer dark beers, but I was having pizza tonight, so this was a good complement.

At first taste I thought it was very nearly Coors, but as I took a little more time with it the complexity came around -- a decent amount of hops, but not over powering, and just a little bit fruity (kind of like Grolsch). Overall, not at all bad.

3 comments:

Closed said...

I miss Deschutes Brewery...Black Butte Brewery and all the rest...we Oregonians do microbrews right...well, I miss Oregon generally. If we're in Portland, we should meet up for a beer sometime...

Andy Kaylor said...

Hi Christopher. I didn't realize you were an Oregonian. You're right, Oregon microbrews are fantastic. Until you make it back this way, I'll drink one for you.

LutheranChik said...

Ah...I remember the days, back before I was on blood pressure meds, when I could safely bend an elbow now and then without sliding under the table in a stupor...